Thursday, February 14, 2019

Jollof Rice with Chicken and Fried Plaintains

Had my first cooking mishap. I laughed so hard because how does one mess up on rice?!?  This is the recipe I had used.

Nigerian Jollof rice and chicken

Everything was going as planned until I overcooked the rice.

Therefore, I am up for the challenge and will be remaking this over the weekend for another photo opportunity.

However, the recipe called for frozen vegetables.  Totally big mistake listening to the recipe.  Even though the rice was overcooked and really mushy unlike rice consistency, it tasted really good but the taste of the frozen vegetables just did not fly with me in my opinion.

Note to self: Parboiling rice is difficult and takes practice to catch the correct time of pre-cooking the rice.

So take 2 will be once I can get to the market for more chicken drumsticks and spices. 

For the dessert week: Nigerian Chin Chin

Since I fell behind on the cooking of the main dish, I'm going to try and get the Chin Chin done simultaneously. 

At least the dessert doesn't seem too difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment